Search...

Thursday, July 25, 2013

{ Surprise Bachelorette Getaway! }

I am a little behind in posting this, but it is one of my most favorite invitations I've ever created so I had to share!  The best part... it was SO easy to make!

One of my most favorite little blondes in the world was getting married this past January, so we gathered the troops to throw her a fabulous Girls Night Out!

I will start with the invitations...

What you need...
8.5" x 11" pink glitter scrapbooking paper (1 sheet makes 2 cards)
8.5" x 11" white card stock
8.5" x 11" black card stock
pink ribbon (thin)
black photo corners with adhesive backing
scissors
scalloped edge scissors
a hole punch
glue stick, double stick tape, adhesive squares... you choose!
a tall glass of wine ;)


I googled around until I found a border that I liked...
try searching "paint stroke border" or "grunge paint stroke border"


I made this in Photoshop, but if you don't have that you can use word or powerpoint.  (I like using powerpoint because when you add images, it does not try to rearrange your text!)
**Tip** if you use word... PUT YOUR BORDER / IMAGES IN LAST!  If you add the border first,  you will  constantly be readjusting your text layout bc it auto adjusts and messes up the grand plan!

Front:


Back:


don't forget to include the bride's sizes for people!  This is a surprise and you don't want it spoiled by guests having to ask her ;)


I made these shapes and added a little heart on the "hip"... I'm feeling generous so here is a template ;) Fill in your bride's cup size and panty size, print on the white card stock, and cut out the shapes.







Next step, folding your black card stock into the cover of the invite.  Trifold is called a "Gate fold". 


Last but not least you want to trim the top of the "bustier" with those pretty scalloped scissors...

  

Once your pieces are in place you want to use whatever you decided as an adhesive { glue stick / squares / double stick tape } and glue down the pink paper to the middle.  Use the black photo squares to hold the invite card in place (this way ppl can remove it with ease to read the other side...)

for the final touches, hole punch about 5-10 holes LEVEL on both of the flaps of your black paper.  If you have a smaller hole punch, this would be the time to get it out.  I used a tiny spade for mine :)  Then lace up the front with your ribbon!

Don't forget to slip the bride's sizes into the card before popping in the mail.  I did not have to use any extra postage for these either :)

Here are some of our party pics!

We used plastic tablecloth covers as a backdrop for pics AND as ceiling decor...



For the nibbles we had everything from Braided Chicken Pizza Bread {one of my most fave recipes}, shells and cheese, apples, cupcakes, spaghetti, chips and salsa, jello shots and my favorite...  pink champagne with cotton candy in the champagne glass!  {makes such a pretty presentation}

For games we kept it simple and popped a balloon every 30-45 minutes that contained things for us to do! 
Take a whipped shot
Play "never have I ever" and "Truth or Dare" 
This was a GREAT way to break the ice for the girls who did not know each other!  I set an alarm for 30, then 35, then 45 minutes so that these games did not drag... also, we made them into drinking games!



Last but not least, we had a specialty "shot of the night"... 



By the time the limo drive got there we were in a party mood and had a *great* time bar hopping!




Ta ta!

xox
Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! In order to *keep it clean and pretty* I will approve your comment shortly. Have a fabulous day!